- There are many reports out of Vancouver that Roberto Luongo is giving up the “C” and passing it onto Henrik Sedin. Bobby-Luo struggled last season and may be looking to take some of the pressures off from being the captian. It will be intresting to see how things play out
- Willie Mitchell is close to making a decision. There is intrest in 4 clubs; Vancouver, LA, San Jose, and Washington. Mitchell is currently skating in Vancouver with a few Canucks and fellow BC native, Brendan Morrison, at UBC.
- Reports online state that the NHL is set to reject Kovalchuk’s revised deal with the Devils. Two weeks ago the NHL rejected there 17 year, 102 million dollar deal.
- Lee Stempniak is close to signing with the New York Islanders. There is still intrest from the Canadians, Coyotes, and Thrashers.
- Also the Leafs and Kings may be interested in the services of Ryan Johnson and a report out of Vancouver that they have come to terms with “canuck-killer” Raffi Toress to a one year, one million.